Show Up TONIGHT at 5PM. - 200 S Parker
St, Tampa (Click here for directions)
WFLA says this hateful infomercial didn't "raise any red flags." Let's raise red flags they can't miss this time.
Wear a Red T-shirt.
Bring a Red Flag.
Let's show them the real meaning of Free Speech.
Join us for TONIGHT a Red Flag Rally to DEMAND a public apology from NBC's affiliate WFLA Ch 8 for screening a dangerous and dehumanizing anti-gay infomercial - Speechless: Silencing Christians.
What are we demanding?
- Issue an apology. While they can't undo the damage already done, WFLA must screen a show to combat the lies, such as the film "For the Bible Tells Me So."
- Provide balance by airing a program that counters the lies and hateful vitriolic message they profited from airing.
Media General, which owns WFLA, must hear from the community. They must understand that they were wrong to air and profit from hateful and vitriolic anti-gay propaganda.
WFLA management said they understand the show would be offensive to those who "chose the homosexual lifestyle," but "not red flags" went up for them when they viewed it prior to airing.
They may have not seen the red flags before, but let's make sure they see them tonight.
Where to Park
Metered Parking: 1 Block From WFLA
Enter From W. Kennedy Blvd:
To South Parker Street Aprox 10-12 Spaces (One Way North to South)
Right From South Parker Street Onto West Keller Ave Aprox 10-12 Spaces Per Street (One Way East to West)
(Approx 25 Total Metered Parking Spaces)
Free Parking 2 to 3 Blocks From WFLA:
From W Kennedy Blvd turn onto South Hyde Park Ave. (One Way North to South)
First Cross Street is W. Grand Central Ave Has free on Street Parking Spacing (Two Hour Limit From 8 AM to 5 PM Only)
If You Absolutely Can't Show Up, Call
Call Media General - both the local division and the national HQ. Tell them you to stop harming our community by profiting from anti-gay propaganda. When anti-gay rhetoric is amplified on public airwaves, anti-gay harassment and hate crimes dramatically increases.
Media General - Tampa:
- Michael Pumo, (813) 228-8888, [email protected]. President & General Manager
- Robyn Spoto, [email protected], 813-314-5403, Marketing Director
Media General - National:
- Media General Media Contact Ray Kozakewicz (804) 649-6748
- Media General's President is Marshall Morton: (804) 649-6000 (main number)