North Florida Development Officer
Equality Florida is seeking a full-time North Florida Development Officer to work with the Development Director to drive all fundraising efforts in North Florida, including Jacksonville, Panama City, and Tallahassee. Salary range is $45,000 - $55,000.
Jacksonville or Tallahassee
Equality Florida is the largest civil rights organization working to secure full equality for Florida’s LGBTQ community. The organization is seeking a full-time North Florida Development Officer to work with the Development Director to drive all fundraising efforts in North Florida, including Jacksonville, Panama City, and Tallahassee. While it’s preferred this position is based out of Jacksonville, it’s not a requirement.
The North Florida Development Officer is:
- Comfortable working independently on a virtual team
- Able to efficiently organize, promote, and execute multiple development events of various sizes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google’s online applications and is familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Able to travel 20% of the time
- Able to work some weeknights and weekends
- Comfortable speaking to groups of donors of all sizes
- Excited to be a part of the important work to bring full equality to Florida's LGBTQ community!
- Manage our major donor cultivation and stewardship program in North Florida:
- Recruit and renew high-level, annual donors (donors that contribute $500 and more)
- Plan, promote, and execute donor appreciation and donor recruitment events throughout North Florida
- Recruit new corporate sponsors and nurture relationships with current ones
- Provide stewardship for all North Florida supporters through personalized thank you letters, check-in calls, and visits
- Plan, promote, and execute Equality Florida’s largest events in North Florida, the Jacksonville Gala, the Tallahassee Gala, and the expectation of launching a major event in the Panama City area:
- Attain Gala fundraising goals by securing individual and corporate sponsorships
- Develop and support volunteer steering and host committees
- Assist in the development of all Gala logistics, including venue selection, guest registration, stage program, onsite volunteer management, and all follow-up activities as necessary
- Assist in the development of Gala materials, including print and email invitations, social media promotion, and on-site signage
- Manage vendors and contracts
- Support all Equality Florida’s development programs, including:
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Florida Council Membership
- Annual online fundraising campaigns
- Give Days
- Legacy of Equality Society
- Equality Means Business
- Open Doors / Puertas Abiertas
- Represent Equality Florida at events, including:
- Community events
- Commission meetings and hearings
- Coalition gatherings
- Other relevant events
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Apps is preferred
- Coalition-building and management experience is preferred
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must also have excellent speaking and writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to advancing Equality Florida’s goals and objectives
- Applicant must currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Jacksonville or Tallahassee areas (Jacksonville preferred)
Please send a cover letter and resume or CV to [email protected] with the title "North Florida Development Officer - application" in the subject line. Cover letter and/or resume must include your current address. Please address cover letters to Mark Puskarich.
Current Open Positions
About Equality Florida
Equality Florida is the largest civil rights organization dedicated to securing full equality for Florida's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, transgender, gender non-conforming and LGBTQ people to apply for open positions.
All positions at Equality Florida may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people of color and people living with HIV
Please note that we are not able to respond directly to every applicant. Should your qualifications match our requirements for the open position we will be in touch with you. If there is not a match, we will retain your materials for future reference.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please see the "Take Action" page.