Join the Fight for Equality and Receive College Credit!
"Lobby Days with Equality Florida was a transformational experience for me. I got the chance to play a direct role in pushing state senators and representatives for progressive policy in Tallahassee that had a direct impact on my life as a gay Floridian."
- Carlos, 2011 Public Policy intern and organizer of Lobby Days.
Now is the time to become a part of the work being done across the state to create a fair and safe environment for all Floridians, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
What's in it for You?
The movement towards LGBT equality cannot be won overnight. If we are to reach our goals it is imperative that we support and foster leadership in those who will continue the fight. Through our internship program you will:
- Develop grassroots organizing experience while developing your voice as an LGBT advocate and leader
- Create a fair and safe environment for all Floridians, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
- Contribute directly to the state’s largest LGBT equality organization
- Gain meaningful professional relationships through continued networking, training, and development.
Current internship openings for Fall 2015:
Field Interns will be primarily involved in outreach to the community as well as volunteer management and coalition building. Available in Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Orlando.
Development Interns will fundraise, manage donor relations, and produce fundraising events. Available in Orlando and Broward.
Public Policy Interns will contribute to electoral and legislative programming across the state. Available in Gainesville, Orlando, and Jacksonville.
Our internship requires a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week, for school credit.
Questions? Please contact our Statewide Internship Coordinator, Amber at [email protected]
"I wanted to find an internship where I felt like I would personally be making a difference in people's lives while still gaining real world experience with a civil rights organization. My experience with Equality Florida exceeded any expectations I could have imagined by allowing me the opportunities to personally connect and fight with the LGBT community while still gaining valuable lessons to keep with me for future."
- Emily, 2015 Field Intern, Orlando